Brief History of the Chittagong Diabetic Association
Chittagong Diabetic Association (CDA) is a non-profit voluntary socio-medical organization branch of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh, Dhaka is registered with the Ministry of Social Welfare under the Society’s registration act, 1860. Though Chittagong Diabetic Association was founded in 1975, by the guide line of National Professor Dr. Muhammed Ibrahim and taking help from a group of dedicated social worker, physicians and civil servants of Chittagong City, it was inaugurated formally by then cabinet member consultant (Health and Family Planning) the Govt. of Bangladesh National Prof. Dr. Muhammed Ibrahim on 3rd May 1976.
It started its temporary operation at Kapas Gola Municipal Community Center in 1975. After some days the service was shifted to Chittagong General Hospital. Then, shifted to Mehedibag and next time at Enayet Bazar. By the help of Bangladesh Railway department of the Govt. Republic of Bangladesh 1 acre land at Khulshi was alloted for Chittagong Diabetic Association in 1998. It is run by a 27 member Executive Committee. Now it has become the second largest Diabetic Hospital in Bangladesh.